The hall was built on land belonging to the Mary Warner Trustees by Mr Ernest Johnson in 1904. It was sold on 3rd June 1953 to the Boyton Parochial Church Council for £300.
The Mary Warner Trustees who were signatories were:
Frank Penn MC of Bawdsey Hall
Lady Blanche Katherine Cobbold of Little Glemham Hall
The Honourable Joan Watson of Orford Lodge
Humphrey Scrimgeour of Sternfield
Sir Charles Henry Napier Bunbury Baronet of Naunton Hall
Dame Katherine Bunbury of Naunton Hall
Sir Peter McClintocl Greenwell Baronet of Butley Abbey Farm
PCC signatories were:
G H Kenneth Sherlock
Frederick Nairne Royle-Bantoft
Walter Ablith Ling
Here is a brief outline of various developments that have taken place at the village hall over more recent years:
External and internal repairs as a result of damage from dampness.
Grants and donations enabled new swings to be erected.
Outside shed erected plus extensive repairs to the hall with grants from the Rural Development Commission, SCDC, and Suffolk County SPARC.
Busy Bees Nursery School started.
Following a Lottery Grant (Awards for All), a new cooker, tables, chairs, cutlery, plates and glasses were purchased.
Paving was laid outside the hall.
Major roof repairs following vandalism.
Millennium village sign erected and new roadside space created.
Double glazed windows installed following capital grant from council, grant from counsellor P Monk and grant from Melton Market Towns.
Swings repaired by voluntary effort.
Manhole repaired and vandalised window repaired.
Swings repaired with grant from District Council.
External repairs and internal redecoration carried out with a supporting grant from the Locality Budget of our County Counsellor, Andrew Reid.
New herb garden installed next to village sign.
Further repairs to roof, brickwork and window. Swings repaired.
New cradle swings installed with grant from SCDC.
Kitchen and hall interior refurbished. New cooker and heaters installed with grants from the Lottery Fund, SCDC, Boyton PC, and our County Councillor, Andrew Reid.
Installation of football goal and basketball net with grants from SCDC, and our District Councillor, Christine Block.