Boyton is a small village in the East Anglian region of England. Called Boituna in Domesday, the proposed derivation of the modern name is Bay Town from the proximity of the village to Hollesley Bay.
There is a lot of history in Boyton. Most of the photographic material in the village records have been copied to this site so take a look at the Picture Gallery by clicking on Boyton History. Also take a look at the names in the registers under History; some of them go back to 1813.
Take a look at the VILLAGE SIGN that depicts some of Boyton's history.
St Andrew's Church was almost entirely rebuilt in 1869 but a fine Norman doorway remains.
The grandeur of the Mary Warner Homes, built in 1736, comes as a surprise in this remote place.
The village enjoys a splendid Village Hall in its own grounds. It is open for hire and car parking is available.
Garage facilities are available at Finlay Motors.
A similar site has been set up for Hollesley.